FIA President Ben Sulayem will present the post-Abu Dhabi action plan in the “coming days”.

Newly elected FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem will announce an action plan and news on structural changes following the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix safety car controversy in the coming days, the Formula 1 governing body said on Monday.

The Emirati ex-rally driver, who was elected the FIA’s first non-European president in December, held “detailed discussions” about the race at a meeting of the Formula One Commission on Monday, the Paris-based body said in a statement explanation with.

“Feedback from the Commission on the issues raised will feed into the President’s analysis, and he will publicly present news of structural changes and an action plan in the coming days,” the statement added.

The 2021 season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ended in controversy after race director Michael Masi changed the safety car protocol that cleared only the lapped cars between leading Lewis Hamilton and second-placed rival Max Verstappen following a late-race crash .

READ: F1 should have fewer races, says AlphaTauri boss Tost

The decision resulted in a last-lap showdown between the two rivals and allowed Verstappen to get past Hamilton on fresher tires and deny the Brit an unprecedented eighth title.

Masi’s future has been the subject of speculation but there has been talk that the Australian’s duties could be split to ease his workload.

Four-time champion Sebastian Vettel and compatriot Daniel Ricciardo have backed Masi and said they hope he stays.

“I don’t know what his future holds either, but I hope he stays with me because I think he did a very, very good job overall,” Vettel said last week.

“I think there is a lot of controversy for the last race.

“Shouldn’t exist. If you look at the bigger picture, he did really well.”

About Veronica Richards

Check Also

Here’s what a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII costs today

Lancaster Evolution or Evo is a legend among them Mitsubishi Fans for his World Rally …